Granite Hill Estates fitness instructor is Jayne Labbe. Ms. Labbe’s credentials include an Associate Degree in Fitness and Nutrition from the University of Maine at Augusta. She is a certified fitness instructor, First aid and CPR certified, a member of the National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), and has 20 years of experience in the fitness industry, specializing in Senior Fitness.
To schedule an appointment for Fitness Room Orientation – learn how to use the fitness equipment and cardiovascular machines contact Jayne Labbe at 624-3811.
Fitness classes offered on campus focus on a variety of areas including cardiovascular endurance, toning, strength training, balance, stretching and aqua exercises. There is an indoor swimming pool and a fully equipped fitness room for residents to enjoy. Times and locations for classes are listed in the monthly calendar and the weekly newsletter.
Here is a brief description of the Granite Hill Estates Senior Athletes Fitness Program:
- A Matter of Balance – Seated exercise increases balance & reduces the risk of falling. 30 minutes.
- Fit & Tone – Combines cardiovascular, flexibility and strength benefits while sitting in a chair and using hand weights. 45 minutes.
- Line Dancing – Learn standing choreographed line dances while having fun to upbeat country music. 50 minutes.
- Swimming Pool – Gentle exercises in the water to minimize stress to the joints. 30 minutes.
- Range of Movement – Obtain muscular strength, balance, flexibility & range of motion for daily living in standing & seated positions. Hand weights may be used. 30 minutes.
- Seated Fitness – Cardiovascular benefits and flexibility while sitting in a chair. 45 minutes.
- Senior Boot Camp – A high intensity class inspired with dance & cardio drills in a standing position. 30 minutes.
- Stretch – Stretch the body to minimize recovery time, increase flexibility, and improve muscular strength. 15 minutes.
- Toning – Strength training for the upper and lower body while sitting in a chair, using hand weights. 30 minutes.
- Walking – Burn calories while performing intervals of moderate & brisk walking
at your individual level. 25 minutes.
- Yoga – Mind & body workout, utilizing exercises to balance body strength & flexibility.